Work permit: request for a duplicate

Model 1:

The most frequent: workers request a duplicate via the Regional FOREM Department in their place of residence.


Model 2:

Workers have not yet arrived in Belgium AND their type-B work permit must be replaced or is lost.

In this case, employers submit the application for the workers via the Regional FOREM Department in the intended place of work.

Applicant must specify the number of the original permit on the form.

If they no longer know this number, it can be found on the notification of award letter, or on the employment authorisation held by the employer (for a type-B work permit).

Failing that, they may obtain the number by contacting the work permit service of the Wallonia Public Service: or 081/33.31.11.

The duplicate, like the permit, is issued by the municipal Administration.